HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Best Free Forum Software?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Dream

Best Free Forum Software? New3_m11

Best Free Forum Software? Empty
PostSubject: Best Free Forum Software?   Best Free Forum Software? EmptyMon 27 Sep 2010, 11:26 pm

What, in your opinion, is the best free forum software?
I'd say phpBB or MyBB, as those are the only ones I've used.

Back to top Go down
Kaynil

Kaynil

Best Free Forum Software? Pbucket

Decir 'perfecto' es mentir y decir 'mañana' es predecir...

PostSubject: Re: Best Free Forum Software?   Best Free Forum Software? EmptyTue 28 Sep 2010, 3:52 am

I haven't use many. I feel attarcted to SMF, as you can upload them to your own host and seems like if you know php you can edit it to suit your taste.

That aside, phpBB software seems very good for me. I notice MyBB has a language chooser too right while browsing, the Spanglish theme idea could benefit greatly from this.

Back to top Go down
http://comunidadzelda.com
Rem Nightfall

Rem Nightfall

The Wind... It's blowing...

PostSubject: Re: Best Free Forum Software?   Best Free Forum Software? EmptySun 10 Oct 2010, 7:03 pm

SMF...
It's easy to use, its the best customizable. It doesn't have many mods but I still like it.

Back to top Go down
http://nintendopolis.org/
dballerp

dballerp

PostSubject: Re: Best Free Forum Software?   Best Free Forum Software? EmptyMon 11 Oct 2010, 12:38 pm

If you have money, VB is the way to go

Back to top Go down
The Dream

PostSubject: Re: Best Free Forum Software?   Best Free Forum Software? EmptySun 17 Oct 2010, 11:38 pm

MyBB is open source, and you can edit to your liking as well.

Back to top Go down
Kaynil

Kaynil

Best Free Forum Software? Pbucket

Decir 'perfecto' es mentir y decir 'mañana' es predecir...

PostSubject: Re: Best Free Forum Software?   Best Free Forum Software? EmptyWed 13 Apr 2011, 12:41 am

dballerp wrote:
If you have money, VB is the way to go

Or at least used to be, I am under the impression that from the last updates some admins with this software license aren't very happy with it.

If i had money probably I'd go for IPB.

I'm curious on Xenforo as well.

Back to top Go down
http://comunidadzelda.com
Strawberries

Strawberries

PostSubject: Re: Best Free Forum Software?   Best Free Forum Software? EmptyMon 14 Nov 2011, 8:25 pm

phpBB and myBB are the best in my opinion. I suppose SMF isn't bad it is just the other two are better in some ways.

phpBB - I like how the modifications are installed. This is so geeky, but sometimes I think it is fun. I have learned a lot by doing this in terms of code. I admit it can be a pain in the behind sometimes. I hope they always have this option in future phpBB. I like how phpBB has the simple features of a forum, and not cluttered up with all the useless addons that you don't even need. I do not like the forum permissions. Very confusing

myBB - I love the vertical postbit, and just the look of it as a whole. The administrator control panel is very simple to use and it is very easy to make a theme compared to phpBB.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Free Forum Software?   Best Free Forum Software? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Free Forum Software?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ROCZUZ ::  :: Different Topics :: Entertainment(TV/Music/PC/etc) :: Internet: Browsers, social networks, etc... :: Forums Discussion-