HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"I'm leaving forever" kind of threads

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kaynil

Kaynil

"I'm leaving forever" kind of threads Pbucket

Decir 'perfecto' es mentir y decir 'mañana' es predecir...

"I'm leaving forever" kind of threads Empty
PostSubject: "I'm leaving forever" kind of threads   "I'm leaving forever" kind of threads EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 8:35 pm

So how do you feel about this kind of threads?

Have you ever been in the situation you felt so fed up witha forum that decided to leave not before giving a rant about all the wrong stuff they are too blind to see or lazy to care about?

How about reading other people doing that, has someone close to you done taht? Did she or he really left forever?

Do you think it should be discouraged? Like deleting/locking/punishing etc this kind of threads...

I have mixed feelings, but I know many people doesn't like them because they are drama fuelers. Someone from another forum* mentioned something among the lines that it is more a call to something wrong in the forum than a desire to advise their decision.

Anyway, I want to hear your experiences and opinions on this matter.
Thanks in advance.

* I don't remember exactly who but credit and a more accurate quote will be placed in the post, if I find out.

Back to top Go down
http://comunidadzelda.com
BeautifulAngel

BeautifulAngel

"I'm leaving forever" kind of threads New3_m11

PostSubject: Re: "I'm leaving forever" kind of threads   "I'm leaving forever" kind of threads EmptySun 13 Nov 2011, 9:13 am

I'm actually very lucky to say that I've never had one of those threads and I hope to never have one *knock on wood*

However if it would happen it would kind of suck, however the reason that they are leaving can make it either kind of discouraging or not.

For example if they are leaving because of school or because they won't have any internet then I mean it's a bit discouraging because a member is leaving but I'd rather a member leave because of that then because staff or members.

Depending on the thread I would delete it. If it was just a hate post saying they hate this place and that it's so bad I would delete it. I want a positive envirnment for my members and staff and we don't need people getting us down. If they are going to be hateful and rude we have the right to take it down.

As for punishment it all depends on how bad the post was if it was just insanely rude and what not I would ban them. If they're not happy here why would they want to come back anyways? That's my point of view :P

Back to top Go down
Gianni

Gianni

PostSubject: Re: "I'm leaving forever" kind of threads   "I'm leaving forever" kind of threads EmptyThu 02 Feb 2012, 5:31 pm

I don't really appreciate these kinds of threads. Mostly because they eventually end up coming back to the forum. Them coming back isn't necessarily bad thing, but it does irritate me that they don't follow up with what they said. "Forever" implies...well, forever.
Usually when they "leave" it's because, like Beautiful Angel said, of a personal reason. In which case it would have been nicer to say they'll be leaving "for a while" as opposed to forever.
I don't personally take any action on this. I don't think there's really anything do about people indecisive about their membership.

Back to top Go down
Cressel

Cressel

"I'm leaving forever" kind of threads New2_g10

Posteador Compulsivo - Más Respuestas

PostSubject: Re: "I'm leaving forever" kind of threads   "I'm leaving forever" kind of threads EmptyThu 02 Feb 2012, 11:59 pm

Why to tell everyone like that. I mean I don't understand why to create all the drama lol. Unless you're staff or something I don't really see the need of making a thread to state you're leaving. Unless you don't want to leave but something happened. but then it isn't needed to say forever, because you're linked to be back again cause you like the site.
I don't think people that make those kinds of thread actually leave forever, they just seem to want to see how people react or something, they rarely actually leave forever. They commonly just make the thread to bash on the site or to get people to beg them to stay or something. I don't really like the kind of thread cause I just don't find a honest sense to it besides dumb stuff like I previously stated.

Back to top Go down
http://www.pedobear.org
Kaynil

Kaynil

"I'm leaving forever" kind of threads Pbucket

Decir 'perfecto' es mentir y decir 'mañana' es predecir...

PostSubject: Re: "I'm leaving forever" kind of threads   "I'm leaving forever" kind of threads EmptyFri 03 Feb 2012, 7:24 pm

Yeah, I'v seen some pretty odd lave-forever threads in the past years and in a way for me it depends in the poster as to what to think of them. I do not punish, or trash, but I may close the thread after the moment fades. If someone has interest, they can browse back and read it, if not, other content will push the thread down.

Some types of threads I've come across:
- The poster may bash himself and leave as a martyr "I love the forum, I love you guys, but I am a negative thing to the place *sighs* I don't know what I'll do after I leave.
Which comes to me as "I need to hear you guys appreciate me as much as I do and consider me part of the community accepting my flaws. I need to hear you don't want me to leave".

- The poster will praise the community but claim 'everybody' hates him.
Here to me the poster is a very insecure that had already a bad experience interacting with one or two members, or has been taking too personal negative input to his thread and posts.
For example, if he is new and moderators close his threads because they are in the wrong area, or delete posts for spam, they think the moderator has something against him. He or She must hate him... and then starts picking up everything to fuel that everybody does.
I think they want to hear their company is liked and depending the post and poster, it is a call for attention to receive empathetic praising posts to her(I've said you are all awesome, balance the situation by telling me how awesome I am in order to convince me I am fit to be part of the community).

- The poster angrily complains about staff being unjust with her/him
This is the 'I'll reveal the truth of these Palabrotas / cussing you worship and think are awesome type of threads... I think it is obvious something big happened and the poster is hurt by it. h feels in his right to expose the case and get some sort of second chance by having the members agreeing.
Sadly most of the times I've seen the staff tried hard to deal in a calm manner first, and the poster was too closed minded to accept anything that was not what he thought they should do. Thus the members, most of the time will have the staff's back.
However there are times when this poster is a well known member that felt a rushed decision or punishment.

-Everything is fine, but I decided its time to move on
Usually covering the real reason this ones are awkward to read, because something doesn't fit with saying all is fine and at the same time, most of the time requesting measures to prevent their come back, like deleting or banning their account. I usually feel compelled to private contact them and try to dig what is really pushing the poster to leave.

Which ones have you had? Add more if you know more.

As for some my experience with them. None here. But I have had seen people do that, they usually come back eventually, though it means years and a change of address of the community they left. It is always good they change their mind to stay.

It only annoys me if the same person post I'm leaving every two weeks and returning or not even leaving at all. (Si, Lukas)

Back to top Go down
http://comunidadzelda.com
Azareal

Azareal

PostSubject: Re: "I'm leaving forever" kind of threads   "I'm leaving forever" kind of threads EmptyThu 07 Nov 2013, 4:36 pm

I was a moderator in one community where the administrator was running the forums so incompetently that people were really displeased with it which led to every single active user (~10 people in one week) including me leaving especially, when they started deleting all of the topics where people were expressing their dissatisfaction about it.

For instance, they were trying to charge money for every last microscopic piece of functionality on a relatively new forum, incredibly inconsistent rules (one moment, advertising is acceptable and then, it was not the next) and they had some abusive staff going around for a while.

Back to top Go down
Garrus

Garrus

PostSubject: Re: "I'm leaving forever" kind of threads   "I'm leaving forever" kind of threads EmptyFri 08 Nov 2013, 6:17 pm

Kaynil wrote:
Like deleting/locking/punishing etc this kind of threads...

How does one punish a thread?  Besides letting spammy members post in it?

I don't like the drama, so I avoid those threads.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "I'm leaving forever" kind of threads   "I'm leaving forever" kind of threads Empty

Back to top Go down

"I'm leaving forever" kind of threads

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1