HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do you look at Reviews before buying a game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kaynil

Kaynil

Do you look at Reviews before buying a game? Pbucket

Decir 'perfecto' es mentir y decir 'mañana' es predecir...

Do you look at Reviews before buying a game? Empty
PostSubject: Do you look at Reviews before buying a game?   Do you look at Reviews before buying a game? EmptyTue 16 Aug 2011, 3:02 am

do you usually go to websites to read reviews on games you like?

What is the lowest score a game has to earn to get a chance for you to consider buying it?

What is the place or reviewer you trust the most and why?

Back to top Go down
http://comunidadzelda.com
Garrus

Garrus

Do you look at Reviews before buying a game? New3_m11

PostSubject: Re: Do you look at Reviews before buying a game?   Do you look at Reviews before buying a game? EmptyTue 16 Aug 2011, 4:25 am

I usually go to gamespot. Dunno why, I have a choice between IGN or Gamespot and Gamespot seems to have more of a balanced review.

8 is usually the lowest.

Yes, I look at the review for the majority of the games I buy.

Back to top Go down
Ayumi

Ayumi

Do you look at Reviews before buying a game? New2_m10

Topic and replies winner of the Zelda Theme

PostSubject: Re: Do you look at Reviews before buying a game?   Do you look at Reviews before buying a game? EmptyTue 30 Aug 2011, 4:01 am

I actually do look at reviews from numerous sources. It gives a feel for the game and how it is.

Back to top Go down
Cressel

Cressel

Do you look at Reviews before buying a game? New2_g10

Posteador Compulsivo - Más Respuestas

PostSubject: Re: Do you look at Reviews before buying a game?   Do you look at Reviews before buying a game? EmptyWed 31 Aug 2011, 11:06 pm

Just when I want to get an idea of the game before buying it. Like when I have no idea about it.
I rarely check reviews.

Back to top Go down
http://www.pedobear.org
Kaynil

Kaynil

PostSubject: Re: Do you look at Reviews before buying a game?   Do you look at Reviews before buying a game? EmptyThu 01 Sep 2011, 3:26 am

I'm just like you, Cressel, uin fact many times I think of checking a review on some game when I get home and I always forget until I am again staring at the cartidgre or disk again at the store, hahah.

If I am readinga review, I like games to score 8 and up, if by stars 3.5 or more. However I don't care as much as the content of it, I want to know why it has such a low score, as some games are just ports and that lowers it, anotehr is taht it seems like reviewers are keeping higher and higher standars and taking themselves too seriously to decreet their opinions on a game.

I usually trust word of friends with similar insterests as they give me more details on what they like and dislike of a game which turn out to be relevant for me as we are around the same circle of tastes. When I review online I check several sites, i don't feel tranquil by reading only one.

Back to top Go down
Garrus

Garrus

PostSubject: Re: Do you look at Reviews before buying a game?   Do you look at Reviews before buying a game? EmptyThu 01 Sep 2011, 6:35 pm

Kaynil wrote:

reviewers are keeping higher and higher standars and taking themselves too seriously to decreet their opinions on a game.

I agree to an extent. Gamespot has done this many times. The most recent one I can remember is for the Ocarina of Time for the 3DS. They gave it an 8.5 or something, when I think it deserves a 9. The reason they gave it an 8.5 is because it's... Ocarina of Time, the same game most of us played in the 90's. However in my opinion they've added improved graphics, sounds, features and applications that warrant .5 of a point.

Most of the reviewers are fair though, I mainly watch IGN or Gamespot. Gamespot mostly. IGN don't really cover everything as much as Gamespot do.

If it's a part of a series I love (like Zelda or Assassin's Creed), I'll buy it straight away without looking at a review. Or if it's a game people seem to keep raving on about, I'll take the risk. However if it's a new series or a completely original game, I'll check out the review. If I still really really really want to try it out myself, I'll wait until it gets really really really cheaper =P

Back to top Go down
SeraphTearZ

SeraphTearZ

PostSubject: Re: Do you look at Reviews before buying a game?   Do you look at Reviews before buying a game? EmptyWed 14 Sep 2011, 9:36 am

Hmmm...Personally I do like to look at many different places for information. Particularly I'll look on Gamefaqs to see what info they have on the game, then look at game play if any posted on youtube. Then from there I'll ask around to different friends of mine and a few folks that know me at the gamestop location I like to shop at for opinions.

Other than that whether a game scores high or low or is reviewed by someone I deem I trust is not really something I ever take into account. After all we all have our own likes and dislikes in video games like with anything else. The biggest thing a game must do to sell to me is catch my interest. I've played many kinds of games over time, ESPECIALLY RPGS since I am such an RPG nerd. XP
But if a game fascinates me enough, I'll absorb as much information as I can find on it before I decide if I want to play and review it myself. ^^

Back to top Go down
RJH

RJH

PostSubject: Re: Do you look at Reviews before buying a game?   Do you look at Reviews before buying a game? EmptyThu 10 Nov 2011, 5:03 am

Not really as I'm not a big gamer, I get games very rarely.

Back to top Go down
Ashera

Ashera

PostSubject: Re: Do you look at Reviews before buying a game?   Do you look at Reviews before buying a game? EmptyTue 23 Oct 2012, 3:15 pm

Some don't do the game justice really, so no! XDDD Never do, or almost never!

Back to top Go down
Garrus

Garrus

PostSubject: Re: Do you look at Reviews before buying a game?   Do you look at Reviews before buying a game? EmptyWed 24 Oct 2012, 2:02 am

Dumpy wrote:
I mainly watch IGN or Gamespot. Gamespot mostly. P

You liar! You watch IGN mostly now

Back to top Go down
Kaynil

Kaynil

PostSubject: Re: Do you look at Reviews before buying a game?   Do you look at Reviews before buying a game? EmptyWed 24 Oct 2012, 4:08 am

I remain the same I guess. I rarely check reviews online. I don't care as much about them because I don't buy games often. ^^U

Dumpy wrote:
Dumpy wrote:
I mainly watch IGN or Gamespot. Gamespot mostly. P
You liar! You watch IGN mostly now
Give the poor guy a break, he posted that almost a year ago. ntc / jk

Back to top Go down
robertson123

robertson123

Welcome nice to meet you

PostSubject: Always   Do you look at Reviews before buying a game? EmptyThu 25 Oct 2012, 11:26 am

Yes i always look at reviews that way you know if the game is good or not.And it can really make your mind up if you want to buy it or not :-D

Back to top Go down
http://www.handheldgaming.org/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you look at Reviews before buying a game?   Do you look at Reviews before buying a game? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you look at Reviews before buying a game?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1