HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sea Salt Ice Cream!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ayumi

Ayumi

Sea Salt Ice Cream! New2_m10

Topic and replies winner of the Zelda Theme

Sea Salt Ice Cream! Empty
PostSubject: Sea Salt Ice Cream!   Sea Salt Ice Cream! EmptyThu 16 Aug 2012, 12:36 pm

This is inspired by Kingdom Hearts ;D Recipe can be found all over the internet.

You'll need: Sea salt, 2 cups milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla (or vanilla extract), 1/3 cup sugar, 2 eggs, 1 cup heavy whipping cream, blue food coloring, and green food coloring.

Directions:

Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks in two different bowls.

Whisk the egg whites and add the sugar to the egg yolks. Beat until mixed together good.

In a medium sauce pan put the milk on the stove. Put on medium heat (be careful. Watch the milk!) and let it lightly boil.

Take it off and put it in the egg yolk/sugar mixture, then put back into the medium sauce pan. Don't let the milk boil. Stir until the mixture thickens like custard.

Then pour custard into the egg whites and mix well. Add the sea salt. It all depends on how salty you want the ice cream to be but the right thing is to have it mixed well with the sweetness of the sugar.

Refrigerate till it gets cool. Take it out add the cream and vanilla.

Then add 3 drops of green food coloring. Mix and then add 12-13 drops of blue food coloring.

Pour either into a metal pan or into ice cream molds. Let it freeze for about 8 hours or so.

Should look like this:

Sea Salt Ice Cream! 555559_3128136782826_576371867_n

Back to top Go down
Kaynil

Kaynil

Sea Salt Ice Cream! Pbucket

Decir 'perfecto' es mentir y decir 'maƱana' es predecir...

PostSubject: Re: Sea Salt Ice Cream!   Sea Salt Ice Cream! EmptyThu 16 Aug 2012, 6:29 pm

That is a very interesting recipe, Ayumi.
Thank you so much for sharing it. Looking nice from the picture and teh ingredients are no difficult to gather. :-D

Back to top Go down
http://comunidadzelda.com
Ayumi

Ayumi

PostSubject: Re: Sea Salt Ice Cream!   Sea Salt Ice Cream! EmptyThu 16 Aug 2012, 9:34 pm

Kaynil wrote:
That is a very interesting recipe, Ayumi.
Thank you so much for sharing it. Looking nice from the picture and teh ingredients are no difficult to gather. :-D

The only thing I can see which can be difficult getting is the heavy whipping cream and even then, you can make a substitute.

Back to top Go down
Ashera

Ashera

Sea Salt Ice Cream! New3_m11

PostSubject: Re: Sea Salt Ice Cream!   Sea Salt Ice Cream! EmptyMon 27 Aug 2012, 9:31 pm

It came off or came across to me as an oddity? XDD But nice one, I didn't know they've existed...

Back to top Go down
Ayumi

Ayumi

PostSubject: Re: Sea Salt Ice Cream!   Sea Salt Ice Cream! EmptyMon 27 Aug 2012, 9:52 pm

Ashera wrote:
It came off or came across to me as an oddity? XDD But nice one, I didn't know they've existed...

Hmmm...Lol

Back to top Go down
Ashera

Ashera

PostSubject: Re: Sea Salt Ice Cream!   Sea Salt Ice Cream! EmptyTue 28 Aug 2012, 5:39 am

Ayumi wrote:
Ashera wrote:

Hmmm...Lol
lol but anyways, I'd love to give it a go eh? XDDD

Back to top Go down
Tiggati

Tiggati

PostSubject: Re: Sea Salt Ice Cream!   Sea Salt Ice Cream! EmptyTue 28 Aug 2012, 6:25 am

That sounds very interesting.. Salty ice cream? LOL!

Might be worth trying to put it together, I'm no chef, but that seems easy enough :=p:

Back to top Go down
http://www.forumers-lounge.com
Ashera

Ashera

PostSubject: Re: Sea Salt Ice Cream!   Sea Salt Ice Cream! EmptyFri 31 Aug 2012, 6:55 am

Tiggati wrote:
That sounds very interesting.. Salty ice cream? LOL!

Might be worth trying to put it together, I'm no chef, but that seems easy enough :=p:
It doth eh? anyways, this hath caught mine eyes or attention...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sea Salt Ice Cream!   Sea Salt Ice Cream! Empty

Back to top Go down

Sea Salt Ice Cream!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1