HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rice with Milk (Sweet cereal or pudding dessert)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kaynil

Kaynil

Rice with Milk (Sweet cereal or pudding dessert) Pbucket

Decir 'perfecto' es mentir y decir 'mañana' es predecir...

Rice with Milk (Sweet cereal or pudding dessert) Empty
PostSubject: Rice with Milk (Sweet cereal or pudding dessert)   Rice with Milk (Sweet cereal or pudding dessert) EmptyTue 25 Sep 2012, 7:31 pm

*waves* Hello, since I just had a quick warm rice and milk I decided to share the recipe, it is pretty quick to prepare.

In essence what you will have is cooked rice warmed with milk and sugar. If you cook flavourless white rice and have left overs often this recipe provides a good 'breakfast' alternative to put them in good use. :-D

You can also eat them cold and in smaller rations for a nice dessert.

Rice with Milk (Sweet cereal or pudding dessert) Arrozconleche1

OPTIONAL:
- Cinammon. You can use a roll o have some ground. I really recommend using cinammon as it helps the favour. For me it's a must-have.
- Sultanas.
- Vanilla extract. (flavour)
- butter. (final touch)
- Condensed Milk. (flavour)

HOW TO PREPARE IT:

If you have prepared oats, it is very similar to that when you have rice already cooked. Cooked Rice takes more space that the uncooked grains so one cup of Rice not cooked serves four rations while a cup of already cooked rice serves approximately a bit more than two rations.

PREPARATION:

• Put the rice in your pan.
    --> Two cups if cooked rice.
    --> One cup if we'll be cooking the rice as we go.

• Add at least enough milk to completely cover the rice by one centimeter. More milk makes the dish more watery, while less milk makes it thicker.
    --> If you are using condensed milk remember to leave enough room for later.
    --> If you are using cinnamon roles add them now.

• Turn on the heat to "medium" until the milk boils.
    --> You can add the condesend milk at this point.
    --> If you are cooking the rice then at this point you will reduce to "low" and ocassionally simmer the rice from the bottom. It takes 15-25 minutes for the rice to cook.

• Add the spoon of vanilla and a fist of sultanas. If you are not using condesed milk, it is recommend you add some sugar to give it the sweet favour.
    --> Don't forget to take the cinammon roles if you had them in.

• Stir frecuently while you cook between medium and low for around ten minutes. The rice should be getting by now the pudding texture we're after. We stir to minimize the ugly layer or burnt milk that is likely to form.
    --> Add the ground cinammon

• Once it has the 'right' texture for you you can turn the stove off and let it cool for a few minutes.

• Serve in bowls or refrigerate the mix and serve in cups as a dessert. You can decorate your plate with a bit of butter or a bit more ground cinammon.

I hope you like it, if something is not clear let me know. Tee steps in teh arrows are either optional or additional steps. The colors are to keep track in related instructions, for example when to add and when to take away the cinamon roles should you decide to use it.

Back to top Go down
http://comunidadzelda.com
Ashera

Ashera

Rice with Milk (Sweet cereal or pudding dessert) New3_m11

PostSubject: Re: Rice with Milk (Sweet cereal or pudding dessert)   Rice with Milk (Sweet cereal or pudding dessert) EmptyThu 25 Oct 2012, 8:46 pm

Sorry to say, but or though not my type nor mine cuppa tea! Either way, to each their own. I couldn't put up with or endure or bear it either.

Back to top Go down
Kaynil

Kaynil

PostSubject: Re: Rice with Milk (Sweet cereal or pudding dessert)   Rice with Milk (Sweet cereal or pudding dessert) EmptyThu 25 Oct 2012, 11:47 pm

Pretty atypical?

Anyway, I love this recipe, that is why i shared. But I understand it is not everyone's cup of tea.

Back to top Go down
Ashera

Ashera

PostSubject: Re: Rice with Milk (Sweet cereal or pudding dessert)   Rice with Milk (Sweet cereal or pudding dessert) EmptyMon 29 Oct 2012, 9:21 pm

Kaynil wrote:
Pretty atypical?

Anyway, I love this recipe, that is why i shared. But I understand it is not everyone's cup of tea.
How could ya stand it or put up with it then?

Back to top Go down
Kaynil

Kaynil

PostSubject: Re: Rice with Milk (Sweet cereal or pudding dessert)   Rice with Milk (Sweet cereal or pudding dessert) EmptyTue 30 Oct 2012, 7:54 pm

Because... I like it? It is nothing to put up or stand for me. I enjoyed the meal and here is the recipe for whoever want to try it out.

I know you made clear you are definitely not making this anytime soon and that is fine and dandy with me. We don't have to agree in everything. (Malabares)

Back to top Go down
Ashera

Ashera

PostSubject: Re: Rice with Milk (Sweet cereal or pudding dessert)   Rice with Milk (Sweet cereal or pudding dessert) EmptyTue 30 Oct 2012, 8:30 pm

Kaynil wrote:
Because... I like it? It is nothing to put up or stand for me. I enjoyed the meal and here is the recipe for whoever want to try it out.

I know you made clear you are definitely not making this anytime soon and that is fine and dandy with me. We don't have to agree in everything. (Malabares)
meant no offense or don't get it wron, not really mine cuppa tea.

Back to top Go down
Kaynil

Kaynil

PostSubject: Re: Rice with Milk (Sweet cereal or pudding dessert)   Rice with Milk (Sweet cereal or pudding dessert) EmptyWed 31 Oct 2012, 1:31 am

"But darling, how can you not find pleasure in filling your taste buds with Rice with milk? Wouldn't you even try it with Soy Milk? Oh, young girl, you break my heart"

ntc / jk No offence taken, really.

Also, no need to answer the dramatic question.
You don't like this recipe and you have made that crystal clear.
Meanwhile, I am craving it AGAIN. (Malabares)

Back to top Go down
Ashera

Ashera

PostSubject: Re: Rice with Milk (Sweet cereal or pudding dessert)   Rice with Milk (Sweet cereal or pudding dessert) EmptyWed 31 Oct 2012, 7:01 am

Kaynil wrote:
"But darling, how can you not find pleasure in filling your taste buds with Rice with milk? Wouldn't you even try it with Soy Milk? Oh, young girl, you break my heart"

ntc / jk No offence taken, really.

Also, no need to answer the dramatic question.
You don't like this recipe and you have made that crystal clear.
Meanwhile, I am craving it AGAIN. (Malabares)
oh, how could ya then again? XDD

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rice with Milk (Sweet cereal or pudding dessert)   Rice with Milk (Sweet cereal or pudding dessert) Empty

Back to top Go down

Rice with Milk (Sweet cereal or pudding dessert)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ROCZUZ ::  :: Different Topics :: Daily Living :: Food & Beverages :: Recipes and cooking tips-