HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chicken Enchiladas with Salsa Verde

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ozstylo

ozstylo

Chicken Enchiladas with Salsa Verde New3_m11

Chicken Enchiladas with Salsa Verde Empty
PostSubject: Chicken Enchiladas with Salsa Verde   Chicken Enchiladas with Salsa Verde EmptyThu 21 Nov 2013, 4:33 am

Chicken Enchiladas with Salsa Verde Enchiladas-ck-1173802-l

Ingredients

1 cup chopped onion $
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 (7-ounce) bottle salsa verde (such as Herdez brand)
2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast $
1/3 cup (3 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened $
1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth $
8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
Cooking spray $
1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled queso fresco
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
4 lime wedges
Cilantro sprigs (optional)

Preparation

Preheat oven to 425°.
Combine first 4 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. Combine chicken and cream cheese in a large bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup salsa mixture. Reserve remaining salsa mixture.
Bring broth to a simmer in a medium skillet. Working with one tortilla at a time, add tortilla to pan; cook 20 seconds or until moist, turning once. Remove tortilla; drain on paper towels. Spoon about 1/4 cup chicken mixture down center of tortilla; roll up. Place tortilla, seam-side down, in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas, broth, and chicken mixture.
Pour remaining salsa mixture over enchiladas; sprinkle evenly with queso fresco and chili powder. Bake at 425° for 18 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve with lime wedges. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.

Back to top Go down
http://www.englandleather.co.uk
Kaynil

Kaynil

Chicken Enchiladas with Salsa Verde Pbucket

Decir 'perfecto' es mentir y decir 'mañana' es predecir...

Chicken Enchiladas with Salsa Verde Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicken Enchiladas with Salsa Verde   Chicken Enchiladas with Salsa Verde EmptyWed 27 Nov 2013, 4:55 am

We used to cook the enchiladas directly in our skillets, that aside. I think you got the real deal with those 'enchiladas de pollo', especially with the 'Herdez' brand. LOL! 

I think the cheese is an important part of this dish but I see it skipped in other recipes so I am happy to find this one has both the corn tortillas and the fresh cheese. (Excited!) 

Back to top Go down
http://comunidadzelda.com

Chicken Enchiladas with Salsa Verde

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ROCZUZ ::  :: Different Topics :: Daily Living :: Food & Beverages :: Recipes and cooking tips-