HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Movies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ayumi

Ayumi

Movies New2_m10

Topic and replies winner of the Zelda Theme

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Movies   Movies EmptyTue 06 Jul 2010, 5:01 am

I just realized we don't have a thread for movies or shows =( Anyhow, since I've been going to the movie theater a lot and watching movies at home by downloading..(bad torrent xD); I thought why not have this thread dedicated to movies you've recently seen and a short review of it..and a rating perhaps? 1 through 5 ; 1 for being horrible and 5 for being the best..maybe we can make a new section for it?

Toy Story 3
Wow, it's the final chapter in the Toy Story trilogy, but I was blown away by it because of the sheer emotion and depth that it had. It's a true fitting end to the series and possibly might be the best movie of the summer. I give it a 5 =)

Though this movie tried to follow the exact cartoon storyline..the dialogue was cheesy and the acting was bad but I was still blown away by the CGI effects in this movie: don't see it if you're a fan but you want something to enjoy..go see it =) I give it 3 out of 5.

What about yours?

Back to top Go down
Elmenor

Elmenor

Movies New3_m11

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies EmptyTue 06 Jul 2010, 9:39 am

Kirby-san wrote:
Though this movie tried to follow the exact cartoon storyline..the dialogue was cheesy and the acting was bad but I was still blown away by the CGI effects in this movie: don't see it if you're a fan but you want something to enjoy..go see it =) I give it 3 out of 5.

Bold part made me cry a little inside... I heard that uncle iroh is evil... is that right or was I lied to?

I don't really see new stuff but I have seen a movie resently (got it on dvd so you too my have seen it)

alice in wonderland

after talking to my mom she told me that there in fact 3 books of alice in wonderland so my guess is that this in fact the second book. Alice goes to wonderland and through her travel there in she leards to be her own person. It was a good movie think a 5 but I'm not good at reviewing movies as I don't see many

Back to top Go down
Ayumi

Ayumi

Movies New2_m10

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies EmptyTue 06 Jul 2010, 11:22 pm

Star Fox wrote:
Kirby-san wrote:

Bold part made me cry a little inside... I heard that uncle iroh is evil... is that right or was I lied to?

His character almost follows the cartoon..he's never really evil but always looking out for his nephew. Don't see it..you might not like it..

Alice in Wonderland
Apparently, it's based off the book Alice Through the Looking- Glass, honestly, this movie felt bland and I didn't know where the story was meaning to go. Johnny Depp's character was weak and I felt him trying to hard and besides I didn't like the main girl. I just got lost. Sorry Tim Burton, as much as I love you..this movie sucked. I had a better time spending it with my bf. I give it a 1

Back to top Go down
Elmenor

Elmenor

Movies New3_m11

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies EmptyTue 06 Jul 2010, 11:25 pm

Kirby-san wrote:
Star Fox wrote:
Kirby-san wrote:

His character almost follows the cartoon..he's never really evil but always looking out for his nephew. Don't see it..you might not like it..

i will not pay to see it but might see it some other way.... /scans room like downloading it..... but you did hear that from me.... /walks away slowly (lol)

Kirby-san wrote:

Alice in Wonderland
Apparently, it's based off the book Alice Through the Looking- Glass, honestly, this movie felt bland and I didn't know where the story was meaning to go. Johnny Depp's character was weak and I felt him trying to hard and besides I didn't like the main girl. I just got lost. Sorry Tim Burton, as much as I love you..this movie sucked. I had a better time spending it with my bf. I give it a 1

lol such hate lol

Last edited by Star Fox on Wed 07 Jul 2010, 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ayumi

Ayumi

Movies New2_m10

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies EmptyWed 07 Jul 2010, 12:07 am

Star Fox wrote:
Kirby-san wrote:
Star Fox wrote:
Kirby-san wrote:

i will not pay to see it but might see it some other way.... /scans room like downloading it..... but you did hear that from me.... /walks away slowly (lol)

[quote="Kirby-san"
Alice in Wonderland

lol such hate lol[/quote]

I didn't like it. It was a waste of money and time..xD I just didn't like it..and I really really tired to like it too..I'm so bad I know =(

Back to top Go down
Elmenor

Elmenor

Movies New3_m11

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies EmptyWed 07 Jul 2010, 12:11 am

Kirby-san wrote:
Star Fox wrote:
Kirby-san wrote:
Star Fox wrote:
Kirby-san wrote:

Kirby-san wrote:

Alice in Wonderland

lol such hate lol

I didn't like it. It was a waste of money and time..xD I just didn't like it..and I really really tired to like it too..I'm so bad I know =(

not your fault... i personally like that fact that she found herself in the movie but that me

OMG was this a horrid piece of work. I'm not crazy enough to think that this movie was going to follow the mood of the cartoon but they didn't even try... bending was changed from one person moving fluidly to say lift a rock (if you were an earthbender) in the show to a god damn dance that like six dudes had to do in time to lift the same rock in the movie... but even as bad as that was it does not compare to how they RAPED firebending, in the show firebending comes from inside of you (the heat of ones own body is the source of its power) but in the movie they need an outside source of fire to attack anyone. not only did this lessen the scarriness of the firebenders in the fire nations army but it made them seems useless in comparison to the other elements (in very few places will you not find earth, or air. water can at less be somewhat harder to come by but it is in every living thing and even in the air itself). The fire nation might as well have sent archers into fight, hell a well enough trained group of them could wash over the any other nation in minuets due to the aforementioned fact that bending takes WAY to long to work.

the characters felt as if their souls had been ripped right from their bodies leaving behind something that somewhat looked like the originals but was just off... Aang was devoid of any of his free-spiritedness, making him feel less there to me and more like a prop they put in to do pretty spins and such. Sokka was not funny at all... i mean he was the funny in the cartoon and in the movie not even a single joke... (thinking back there were maybe one or two funny parts in the whole movie and they where near the beginning) Katara... was she even in the movie? i dont think she had many lines after they left the southern water tribe... Zuko was alright though they seemed to change his relationship with his father. i mean yes he was banished but the way fire lord Ozai (Zuko's father) talked to general Zhao it seemed that he somewhat had hope for him. (though i might be reading that wrong). Iroh was good, no he was not fat but i can get leeway on that. he was lazy and when his son was mentioned before the raided i could see a hint of sadness cross the actors face making me feel his hidden pain and want to stab Zhao for his ahole comments.

But all of that is merely fan hate. While i can hate the movie for doing those things i can not say that some random person off the street that has never heard of the show would hate it for those reasons. that is where the next part comes in. the acting SUCKED (aside from a few standouts most notably, to me, being uncle Iroh), the pacing was so monstrously bad, that had i not watched the show my head would have been spinning as they flew form one fight to the next. about the only good thing i notice in this movie was the breathtaking scenery. everywhere the gang went looked beautiful its just ashame that those scene were killed with the trash in them.

All and all i would give this pile of trash a 0 out of 5 glade i did not use my money to see this....

Back to top Go down
Kaynil

Kaynil

Movies Pbucket

Decir 'perfecto' es mentir y decir 'maƱana' es predecir...

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies EmptyThu 08 Jul 2010, 10:43 pm

Uh-oh, darn me being a fan, I should stay away for a while then. I am not sure I can take so much distorting of such a cool cartoon.

Thanks a lot for creating the thread.

So far every movie I've seen has had some Spanish lines :D
I am bad giving reviews but I'll try...

Toy Story Three
It follow the old good formula for everything in it, specially the Toy Story 2. This can be good or bad depending how you see it, the jokes and situations by now are predictable, still the characters charisma is still untouched and "Barbie" has a better role, taken as one of the side-company of the crew. The ending, although quite predictable, was very well put.

Downhill, as time has passed many characters are not around any more, not even the Sheriff's Girl. Yet, no grievance about her, unless I misunderstood the beginning.

Rate: 4 out of 5.
Toy Story and TS2 still rank higher for me, though just by point five.

Last edited by Kaynil on Mon 11 Oct 2010, 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://comunidadzelda.com
Ayumi

Ayumi

Movies New2_m10

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies EmptyFri 09 Jul 2010, 4:08 pm

Elizabeth 1998
About the early days of Elizabeth I's reign and the struggles she goes through with the dealing with alliances of both Spain, and France, while conquering the religious question right in England. I give it a 3 out of 5 <3
Just didn't hold my interest for too long anyhow..lol

Back to top Go down
Ayumi

Ayumi

Movies New2_m10

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies EmptyFri 16 Jul 2010, 9:22 pm

Inception
It's by Christopher Nolan, so you know it's gotta be good =) And it certainly lives up to the hype. Go see it. It certainly does leave a thought in your head. 5 out of 5. What are you doing sitting down for? GO SEE it already!

Sorcerer's Apprentice
It's an adaption of the short film also entitled "sorcerer's apprentice" which was taken from the disney film Fantasia. The original comes from a poem by Goethe. It's funny at times and it was just great. I'd say..3 out of 5

Back to top Go down
Ayumi

Ayumi

Movies New2_m10

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies EmptyTue 20 Jul 2010, 2:21 am

Book Of Eli
So far as when I watched..it is a good film though I'm going to have to watch it over again because my bf is a loud mouth xD

A Clockwork Orange
what a strange movie...O.o

I can't rate it because it's so strange. You're going to have to see it for yourselves! And also it has one of the longest warning copyrighted messages spanning several languages O.o it was just fun trying to guess what most of them were. My bf and I just got a few...down

Back to top Go down
Ayumi

Ayumi

Movies New2_m10

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies EmptySun 01 Aug 2010, 3:14 pm

Donnie Darko

It's one of those movies..apparently, Donnie is caught in a time loop and somehow he needs to fix it. Though I'd have to watch it again to make it clear..lol

Back to top Go down
Elmenor

Elmenor

Movies New3_m11

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies EmptySun 01 Aug 2010, 4:57 pm

Kirby-san wrote:
Donnie Darko

It's one of those movies..apparently, Donnie is caught in a time loop and somehow he needs to fix it. Though I'd have to watch it again to make it clear..lol

Its not really a time loop. Youi see because donnie was not in his room the night the engine fell on their house he created a parral universe. Everythiing that happens in the movie is the new unstable unriverse trying to get donnie to get to the right place at the right time so that he is sent back to the real universe where he is in his room...

Back to top Go down
Ayumi

Ayumi

Movies New2_m10

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies EmptyMon 02 Aug 2010, 3:09 pm

Star Fox wrote:
Kirby-san wrote:
Donnie Darko

Its not really a time loop. Youi see because donnie was not in his room the night the engine fell on their house he created a parral universe. Everythiing that happens in the movie is the new unstable unriverse trying to get donnie to get to the right place at the right time so that he is sent back to the real universe where he is in his room...

But it is a time loop because that jet engine came from the TU and Donnie was suppose to die in his room when it crashed on his head, but instead he created a new universe that looped until he died at the end of the movie. it would of continued unless Donnie died, you see what I'm talking about?

Back to top Go down
Ayumi

Ayumi

Movies New2_m10

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies EmptyTue 03 Aug 2010, 10:16 pm

Up
An awesome Pixar movie...tells the story of Carl who journeys to South America with Russell a little Wilderness Explorer and finds himself on a big adventure. Very beautiful. It was the last movie I saw before leaving to Kansas last year..Go see it!
5 out of 5..

Back to top Go down
Elmenor

Elmenor

Movies New3_m11

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies EmptyWed 04 Aug 2010, 9:21 pm

Kirby-san wrote:
Star Fox wrote:
Kirby-san wrote:
Donnie Darko

But it is a time loop because that jet engine came from the TU and Donnie was suppose to die in his room when it crashed on his head, but instead he created a new universe that looped until he died at the end of the movie. it would of continued unless Donnie died, you see what I'm talking about?

well according to the guy that made the movie if Donnie had not died both universes would have been destroyed... but its all BS cause it just a movie lol

Back to top Go down
Ayumi

Ayumi

Movies New2_m10

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies EmptyFri 06 Aug 2010, 3:43 am

Star Fox wrote:
Kirby-san wrote:
Star Fox wrote:
Kirby-san wrote:
Donnie Darko

well according to the guy that made the movie if Donnie had not died both universes would have been destroyed... but its all BS cause it just a movie lol

wow; that's all bs right there..though I did see Akira..

and that movie is weird..let me tell you. It deserves a second sit through lol

Back to top Go down
Ayumi

Ayumi

Movies New2_m10

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies EmptySat 07 Aug 2010, 9:37 pm

Dinner for Schmucks
Wow, what a fucking hilarious movie! It may not be the best movie..but it was better than I expected! I sooo loved it! I want others to see it too..it's great..and funny at the same time too!
5 out of 5

Back to top Go down
Ayumi

Ayumi

Movies New2_m10

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies EmptySun 22 Aug 2010, 6:04 pm

two new reviews!

Scott Pilgrim
Obviously, you know it has Michael Cera and not many people like but he's okay as I haven't seen many movies he's been. But yeah, he's Scott Pilgrim and he's in love with Ramona Flowers but in order to be with her, he must defeat her seven evil exs. There are a lot of game references. BF enjoyed it more than I did..since he's such a big nerd(into video games and anime lots more than moi) I thought it was fun but dull at times.
I give it a 3 and a half out of 5

The Other Guys
Think of buddy cop movies and mix Will Ferrell and Mark Walberg and you get a great comedy. If you're a fan of Will Ferrell...if you've seen Anchorman or his other movies; you'll enjoy this. The chemisty between them is remarkable ; and you'll be surprised by the cameos at the beginning of the movie! Lol ; And all of the pop culture references made me laugh; and the dry humor in it..smoking hot! And I liked it more than Scott Pilgrim. Go see this movie!
Easily a 5 out of 5

Back to top Go down
dazzler

dazzler

Movies New3_m11

Glad to be here!

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies EmptyMon 11 Oct 2010, 12:33 am

The last movie I saw was Inception and Salt and they were all very good! Hands down I give all of them 5 stars! Inception was a very complicated it will hurt your head kind of movie and it was amazing. Salt was just what I expected and more from Angelina Jolie. She's the best action star in women second to Mila Jovovich

Back to top Go down
http://generalchat.findtalk.biz
Sponsored content

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies Empty

Back to top Go down

Movies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1