HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Introduction to ROCZUZ Vol. I

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roczuz
PUPPET / MARIONETA
PUPPET / MARIONETA
Roczuz

Introduction to ROCZUZ Vol. I New2_g10

OPINION STAFF

Introduction to ROCZUZ Vol. I Empty
PostSubject: Introduction to ROCZUZ Vol. I   Introduction to ROCZUZ Vol. I EmptyTue 26 Apr 2011, 5:49 am

Welcome, Guest!
First of all I want to Thank you for giving us from your time not only to visit our humble Internet corner, but also actually clicking this link in your most sincere interest to understand better what this area is around.

Now, I'd like to evaporate straightforward a common misconception about this space:

We are not a Learning Spanish / Practice your English Community!
This has never been our main objective. That said enthusiast learners are welcome with wide open arms and encouraged to dive in the learning language with the confidence that you will be interacting with native speakers. If that seems too intimidating at the time, we have in the English half an area to Practice your Spanish, ask questions, share tips, etc.

What we are is two General Talk Communities in one
- The majority of the members are native speakers or dominant of the language of the half they frequent.
- There are unique members that only post on one of the sides.
- The English Roczuz is a full community on its own in terms of members, structure and discussion topics. Likewise for Roczuz Español.

In order not to take more of your time that you're willing to spend reading we decided that it would be best to leave up to you what topics you would like to learn about. Thus, here is a list of useful links that will help you slowly but surely become an expert about our community.

INSIDE THIS THREAD:
º Why was ROCZUZ created?
º How to Navigate our Community
º

ALSO CONSIDER:
º ROCZUZ's F.A.Q

Last edited by Roczuz on Tue 26 Apr 2011, 8:23 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roczuz
PUPPET / MARIONETA
PUPPET / MARIONETA
Roczuz

OPINION STAFF

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to ROCZUZ Vol. I   Introduction to ROCZUZ Vol. I EmptyTue 26 Apr 2011, 5:50 am

Why does Roczuz Exists?

My first language is Spanish. I have been for years in several communities in English and Spanish and I have watched them abruptly die. This made me grow a desire to have a place that could serve as a refuge in case another forum I care for fell.

I have friends that speak Spanish and learned English but are still too shy to interact. Too afraid to make mistakes and being laughed at. I wanted to have my english speaking friends interact with my spanish friends in English to find it is all good and get more confident with their language skills.

I also wanted so much to have my friends which I know face to face to meet the friends I had online too, specially when they admitted to be somewhat curious of message boards.

In reality many of my school friends moved on without even really giving this a go. Same with some online friends. However, the few that registered, invited another people and I became friends with them quickly and that made me realize that

even if things didn't work exactly the way I wanted
the forum was a still a success because I enjoy both languages
and sharing opinions and learning new stuff.
I went ahead and tried to find ways to promote my boards for free to get more people to become part of ROCZUZ, advertising for English and for Spanish speakers. Now Roczuz has become a community with its own identity welcoming with open arms old and new. So long Forumotion will have us in their host we will be kicking, at least from time to time. ntc / jk 

We even created a Museum area with compilation of news and other threads. If you want to learn more about our community journey I specially recommend these two:
- Hystory of Roczuz.
- Forumansion's Interview to Roczuz

BACK TO 1ST POST ^(^_^)^

Last edited by Roczuz on Tue 26 Apr 2011, 7:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roczuz
PUPPET / MARIONETA
PUPPET / MARIONETA
Roczuz

OPINION STAFF

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to ROCZUZ Vol. I   Introduction to ROCZUZ Vol. I EmptyTue 26 Apr 2011, 5:54 am

Forum Sections Explanation

Many of you visitors mistakenly think our board is extremely small, what really happens is that we try to keep it short and sweet... for the index page. We need the space to put both communities. The index view is just a shortcut to quickly approach the type of zone and whatever of the languages you are after:
- ENGLISH (Administration, Loose Talk, Defined Topics, Creativity, Affiliation status)
- Repeat in Spanish.

For this guide purpose, I will assume you are interested in the English Roczuz Community.
This is the permanent link to the English category: http://www.roczuz.com/c2-category
I recommend using it to make less confusing your navigation.

Now, I will explain every working section of the English Roczuz Community, even the ones guests cannot view or post in. It is unfair to join without knowing what are these great areas you are being deny permission to visit, and learning about them may serve as an incentive as a well an understanding of the trust and care we deposit with each of our members.

Sitemap of Roczuz:
Bold Links = Sections, Simple Links = Threads.

~ADMINISTRATION~

The first stop for our visitors, members and staff alike.
    1. Staff Zone - Hidden for everyone but staff.
    2. News & Regulations - The best first stop, since it includes the latest news regarding the community, our rules and the archive zone (museum) where old news and interesting old topics get dumped.
    3. Feedback box - Where everybody can leave their opinion. Guests may reply any thread here.

~DIFFERENT TOPICS~

We want to encapsulate different kind of discussions.
    A. Food & Beverages - Talk about different dishes, share cooking tips, etc. SUBFORUMS: Recipes and tips.
    B. Rants & Advice - Unlocked as soon as the staff realizes you're not a bot or after 99 posts, whatever comes first. Open up and share your views in more delicate topics, offer and seek advice, talk about love and complain about life. SUBFORUMS: Heart Affairs.
    C. Supernatural - Myths, Conspirations, Urban legends, Creepy pastas, Funny or unsettling coincidences.
    D. Media Entertainment - We love talking about music, Internet, Computers, Videogames, so we gave them their own category to make them easier to locate.

~COMMUNITY~

This area is more relaxed than  the rest of the boards. Newcomers can introduce themselves and create their own'interview me' thread as well as interview other members. The forum games board is also located inside as well as  SPAMTASTIC.
    While a theme carnival is on the boards, another hidden area becomes visible. After you start using your account, you will be able to see this and another areas out of your reach as a guest.

~THE SACRED REALM~

This area will be unlocked for those members that have posted enough times to discard packagers, exchange dealers, or just people not interested enough in our community. If you are interested I am sure you will get to see this section sooner than what you think.
    In this area we offer you a place to vent and receive advice about more delicate things in our lives, including love and faith. We also have room for supernatural talk. Conscious that not everyone gets along without inappropriate jokes or talk, there's a space for you here as well. If you have traditional or digital art, fan fiction, original stories, poetry, etc, you can share your creations here with us.

Last edited by Roczuz on Tue 26 Apr 2011, 8:25 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roczuz
PUPPET / MARIONETA
PUPPET / MARIONETA
Roczuz

OPINION STAFF

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to ROCZUZ Vol. I   Introduction to ROCZUZ Vol. I EmptyTue 26 Apr 2011, 7:23 am

Reasons that could lead your account to be deleted from our database

There a few reasons that could lead to your account to be deleted, please take your time to know them.

1. Your Account didn't pass the antibot filters.
    Action: Account rank changes to "010000100110111101110100". If no traces of human activity on it, deletion of account.

When you are creating an account we have a question entitled "antibot" in which we ask you to select a language, this question is mandatory to complete the registry but the option by default D3L3T3 M3. the staff is ordered to follow this instruction and proceed to delete the account in sight. If there is something in the account that points to a human activity (ie. answer the profile fields)

2. Bot behaviour.

Action: Avatar changed to BOT or In Observation. If rules were broken Posts, IP, email and username recorded. When data is already the database, we proceed to ban email address (if same IP we assume it is a static one and ban it as well).

New accounts that do not edit their profiles in anyway nor post. Accounts that only edit profile fields to advertise a link. Accounts that post in the same niche replies that seem generic and include 2/3 of the time some sort of advertising. Accounts that didn't pass the antibot question yet has been posting in the right areas (but still too generic to tell appart), are in huge risk to be deleted due to their BOT-like behaviour. Accounts with BOT behaviour are googled.

Introduction to ROCZUZ Vol. I TOB
    If a similar patron is found (joined several forums with no posts in a small gap of time, posted the exact same reply in another community, etc) we consider the account a BOT. We indicate so by adding a BOT avatar. If there has been posts, we archive said posts (to keep the IP). We have a thread where we manually add information regarding that account IPs, email address, username used and brieft reasoning about it.

Introduction to ROCZUZ Vol. I Roczuzavy
    If no enough evidence is found to deem the account as a BOT after considering profile, posting data and google results, or if the account has anything that hints to human activity, we change its avatar for a "incognito" question mark.

3. Account is not in use.
    Action: Accounts that haven't logged in in three months and have ZERO posts will be deemed as inactive and may be deleted with or without notification.

Unfortunately lately will be suffering a constant influx of BOT activity in registered accounts. Without posts there is very little chance for us to accurately discern your created-in-a-hurry account from that of a generic filled bot-account. If there is not recent logged in visits chances are, the account belongs to a bot and will be used to SPAM in few months.
    There may be also the rare case where you cannot access the email used with your account here.
    Some nicks are more common than others. It is very annoying that you cannot have your nick because someone else registered an account with it to never come back.
    In order to maintain a more accurate statitics in our database we rather release accounts not in use that retain them with zeroes. Of course when we delete accounts we are not in any way discouraging them to rejoin our community of it is their wish to engage with our lil village.

So if you find your account with one of the above avatars and/or the BINARY rank it is VERY IMPORTANT that you contact the staff to let them know. It is also encouraged that you post a few times in accordance to the threads you choose, commenting directly in other member opinions and using their usernames will help us see right away that your account is not automated and should not be deleted.

We are only human and may make mistakes. we apologise for legitime accounts that we deleted

BACK TO 1ST POST ^(^_^)^

Back to top Go down
Kaynil

Kaynil

Introduction to ROCZUZ Vol. I Pbucket

Decir 'perfecto' es mentir y decir 'mañana' es predecir...

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to ROCZUZ Vol. I   Introduction to ROCZUZ Vol. I EmptyMon 14 Nov 2011, 9:42 pm

http://www.advertisehotspot.info/post75331.html#p75331 wrote:
Why does Roczuz Exists?

I started roczuz because I have been for years in several communities in English and Spanish and watch them abruptly die, that made me grow a desire to have a place for refuge for my friends in case another forum I care for fell, which eventually developed into "I want to be able to have my friends join my forums without their language to be an obstacle".

I have friends that speak Spanish and learned English but still shy to interact, I wanted to have my friends interact with them, having my friend for say some Spanish Zelda board meet this X friend from a English Zelda board and get more confident with their language skills.

I also wanted so much to have my friends which I know face to face to meet the friends I had online too, specially when they admitted to be somewhat curious of message boards.

Reality is harsh, and even though I tried to get my real friends to join, the few that did never really tried to follow, and the friends I made online few joined the place as they had made their own places, and it was me joining them all to keep in contact.

However, the few that registered, invited another people and I became friends with them quickly and that made me realize I liked the idea in itself, because I enjoy both languages and sharing opinions and learning new stuff, I didn't even care if they didn't like the other language. I went ahead and tried to find ways to promote my boards for free to get more people to become part of ROCZUZ.

Back to top Go down
http://comunidadzelda.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to ROCZUZ Vol. I   Introduction to ROCZUZ Vol. I Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduction to ROCZUZ Vol. I

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ROCZUZ ::  :: Administration: Contact and Info :: News and Regulations-