HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cartoons turned into Live action movies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kaynil

Kaynil

Cartoons turned into Live action movies Pbucket

Decir 'perfecto' es mentir y decir 'mañana' es predecir...

Cartoons turned into Live action movies Empty
PostSubject: Cartoons turned into Live action movies   Cartoons turned into Live action movies EmptyFri 12 Aug 2011, 11:55 pm

What are your opinion on the later tendency of taking familiar cartoon shows and turn them into computer generated live action movies?

I thought my friend was kidding when I read in their MSN "Now Yogi bear is on cinemas", I thought he was exaggerating, then I find the trailer.

I remember I was excited with Garfield, but I didn't really liked it, I guess I filled my head too much and I didn't enjoy the movie for what it was. Now I noticed the Smurfs are having their go. So did Alvin and the chipmunks.

I haven't seen many of them, I don't have the appeal, and through the trailers I see they try to keep the exaggerated humour of cartoons blended into this 'real world' which makes it, for me, awkward. It jumps to me like weird, when I don't even think much about it in cartoons.

Anyway, that is what I feel and think about it.

Do you like the movies? Do you think it is a good thing they are being produced?

Is there a cartoon you would like them to turn into a computer-live action movie?

Back to top Go down
http://comunidadzelda.com
brutus

brutus

Cartoons turned into Live action movies New3_m11

PostSubject: Re: Cartoons turned into Live action movies   Cartoons turned into Live action movies EmptySat 13 Aug 2011, 3:25 am

How are any of those even live action? ^^U

Back to top Go down
http://forums.mysticwish.net
Kaynil

Kaynil

PostSubject: Re: Cartoons turned into Live action movies   Cartoons turned into Live action movies EmptySun 14 Aug 2011, 3:52 am

I probably misuse the term. :-$

I used live action since the human roles of the cartoons are played by real people. If you know a better term, let me know and I shall modify the title accordingly.

Back to top Go down
brutus

brutus

PostSubject: Re: Cartoons turned into Live action movies   Cartoons turned into Live action movies EmptySun 14 Aug 2011, 10:02 am

Well all the ones you mentioned were 3D animated *takes a bow*

Back to top Go down
http://forums.mysticwish.net
Garrus

Garrus

PostSubject: Re: Cartoons turned into Live action movies   Cartoons turned into Live action movies EmptySun 14 Aug 2011, 11:34 pm

I can see what Kaynil means.

I don't like any cartoon made movies CGI made or real actors made. Most of them are shit or hold no interest for me.

Back to top Go down
Gianni

Gianni

PostSubject: Re: Cartoons turned into Live action movies   Cartoons turned into Live action movies EmptyWed 01 Feb 2012, 6:40 pm

I don't think cartoon-turned-live-action movies can really match up to the animated versions.
The case is apparent in animes turned into live action. I think many a time the effects are terrible compared to the original. The acting is corny and they choose some of the worst possible actors to play the parts.

Back to top Go down
Cressel

Cressel

Cartoons turned into Live action movies New2_g10

Posteador Compulsivo - Más Respuestas

PostSubject: Re: Cartoons turned into Live action movies   Cartoons turned into Live action movies EmptyWed 01 Feb 2012, 11:31 pm

Some work nicely. And some lose the feel of the original show which is bad. It's really more on how it is pulled off.

Back to top Go down
http://www.pedobear.org
Kaynil

Kaynil

PostSubject: Re: Cartoons turned into Live action movies   Cartoons turned into Live action movies EmptyThu 02 Feb 2012, 6:08 am

Cressel wrote:
Some work nicely. And some lose the feel of the original show which is bad. It's really more on how it is pulled off.
So, which ones have you liked, Cressel?
Like I said I've skipped many of them, so it would be nice to hear recommendations. :-D

Back to top Go down
Cressel

Cressel

Cartoons turned into Live action movies New2_g10

Posteador Compulsivo - Más Respuestas

PostSubject: Re: Cartoons turned into Live action movies   Cartoons turned into Live action movies EmptyThu 02 Feb 2012, 11:41 pm

I can assure you I've only saw those you saw. because it has been ages since I last saw a movie.

Back to top Go down
http://www.pedobear.org
Ashera

Ashera

PostSubject: Re: Cartoons turned into Live action movies   Cartoons turned into Live action movies EmptySun 18 Mar 2012, 10:10 am

You mean anime LAs or cartoons, as in American cartoons? If the latter, then i'd say Xmen and whatnot.

Back to top Go down
Kaynil

Kaynil

PostSubject: Re: Cartoons turned into Live action movies   Cartoons turned into Live action movies EmptySun 18 Mar 2012, 6:23 pm

Cressel wrote:
I can assure you I've only saw those you saw. because it has been ages since I last saw a movie.
:-B Okay.
I do agree with what you say, it could work out if it is pulled off taking the best of both worlds in a balanced blend. How to accomplish that? that's where I have no clue.

Ashera wrote:
You mean anime LAs or cartoons, as in American cartoons? If the latter, then i'd say Xmen and whatnot.
By Live Action I mean computer effects and people acting the human roles.
By cartoons I mean any animation being american or anime.

And I didn't understand well, is the X-men is a good or a bad adaptation for you? :-$

Last edited by Kaynil on Sun 18 Mar 2012, 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ashera

Ashera

PostSubject: Re: Cartoons turned into Live action movies   Cartoons turned into Live action movies EmptySun 18 Mar 2012, 6:24 pm

Kaynil wrote:
Cressel wrote:
:-B Okay.
I do agree with what you say, it could work out if it is pulled off taking the best of both worlds in a balanced blend. How to accomplish that? that's where I have no clue.

Ashera wrote:
By Live Action I mean computer effects and people acting the human roles. By cartoons I mean any animation being american or anime.

And I didn't understand well, is the X-men is a good or a bad adaptation for you? :-$
well, I like anything pertaining Xmen, so I'd say its a good one.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cartoons turned into Live action movies   Cartoons turned into Live action movies Empty

Back to top Go down

Cartoons turned into Live action movies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1