HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Covers vs Originals

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gianni

Gianni

Covers vs Originals New3_m11

Covers vs Originals Empty
PostSubject: Covers vs Originals   Covers vs Originals EmptyFri 03 Feb 2012, 7:14 pm

What do you think of covers of songs?
I know some that tend to very much dislike the idea of covering a song, but most seem fine with it. Those who dislike it claim that the cover hasn't as much feeling as the original song, or it simply isn't as good. I personally like both covers and originals. I like how the cover artist puts their own spin on the original.
If you like covers, what artists do you like? Some notable cover artists (for me) are Boyce Avenue, Christina Grimmie, and Kina Grannis.

Back to top Go down
Kaynil

Kaynil

Covers vs Originals Pbucket

Decir 'perfecto' es mentir y decir 'maƱana' es predecir...

PostSubject: Re: Covers vs Originals   Covers vs Originals EmptySun 05 Feb 2012, 7:52 am

It depends, I have many times liked a cover without knowing it is one, and when I heard the original, it takes a while before I like it too.

I am not against them, I think it is good, so long it is a cover and not plagiarism or taking a part of it into a completely different song.

I don't have favourites but well...
"I think we're alone now" I hear it nowadays with a girl, I knew it by "Inspection 12", I have the feeling it is a cover. Speaking of Inspection 12 "You can call me All" is another cover I like from them.

Hmm. I admit, I like some Erasure's covers. Not all, but many of them.
Specially their Abba covers, I also like covers of Erasure songs, like "siren's song" .

But I am so happy of the old songs I've learn like Abba, Bob Dylan, etc that I know the lyrics and rhythm because of the covers I'd listen too, being able to sing with your parents or friends, feels so good. specially with parents/family because it closes magically the generation gap for the minutes the song last.

Another kind of covers I like is orchestral lyric-less versions of songs. X3
Like Guns and Roses, Iron Maiden, and others.

I'll get videos later, you too feel free to share yours.

Back to top Go down
http://comunidadzelda.com
Ashera

Ashera

Covers vs Originals New3_m11

PostSubject: Re: Covers vs Originals   Covers vs Originals EmptyMon 12 Mar 2012, 6:20 pm

Some of them are very well done, like the Alegria one and the Titanic one. I like covers actually myself.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Covers vs Originals   Covers vs Originals Empty

Back to top Go down

Covers vs Originals

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ROCZUZ ::  :: Different Topics :: Entertainment(TV/Music/PC/etc) :: Music-