HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

IMPORTANT: Marks on the top screen of your 3DS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Who's to blame?
Nintendo... they should have designed better to prevent this (flaw in design)
IMPORTANT:  Marks on the top screen of your 3DS Bar_left100%IMPORTANT:  Marks on the top screen of your 3DS Bar_right
 100% [ 1 ]
The user... they were fairly warned and needed to be more careful.
IMPORTANT:  Marks on the top screen of your 3DS Bar_left0%IMPORTANT:  Marks on the top screen of your 3DS Bar_right
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

AuthorMessage
Kaynil

Kaynil

IMPORTANT:  Marks on the top screen of your 3DS Pbucket

Decir 'perfecto' es mentir y decir 'mañana' es predecir...

IMPORTANT:  Marks on the top screen of your 3DS Empty
PostSubject: IMPORTANT: Marks on the top screen of your 3DS   IMPORTANT:  Marks on the top screen of your 3DS EmptyFri 09 Mar 2012, 11:24 pm

3DS Manual wrote:
The LCD screens may be damaged by sharp objects or pressure. Take care to protect the displays from scratches or stains.

We know Nintendo has put special emphasis about not putting our 3DS in our back pockets, be careful with sharp surfaces, do not make excessive pressure, etc. "Fair enough" one says, however sometimes we cannot help a bit of pressure when while hurrying we put it in our backpacks or other circumstances where it doesn't receive too much pressure to be worried for the system, right? uh-huh, unless you mind your screen gets marks in the top screen that can reach the point where they cannot be moved because they are scratches. Yeah... what?

IMPORTANT:  Marks on the top screen of your 3DS Nintendoflamered3ds

The top screen in your 3DS is bigger than the bottom one. Around the bottom one you can see a nice border all around it. This is what will be in direct contact with your top screen every time you close your 3DS, you don't need as much force to make small marks, sometimes it is just dirt you can take away but with time and the constant use, that will lead to two vertical lines crossing your top screen, scratches taht you cannot remove.

I don't know how long it takes in average, but I know that 3 months is enough time, so you need to take precautions to avoid it. Nintendo knows of this but they don't believe it to be a flaw in its design. So don't expect they will take your system in and replace it. As users we have to find a way to prevent it.

What we have been doing is to put a piece a cloth or paper between both screen when you are closing, make an habit of doing it every time. I decided to have fun and design my cover.

IMPORTANT:  Marks on the top screen of your 3DS Link3dsprotect
Drew by Kaynil - 2012

What do you think of this?

Back to top Go down
http://comunidadzelda.com
Garrus

Garrus

IMPORTANT:  Marks on the top screen of your 3DS New3_m11

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Marks on the top screen of your 3DS   IMPORTANT:  Marks on the top screen of your 3DS EmptyFri 27 Jul 2012, 7:33 pm

Of course Nintendo needed to be more careful, they expect 10 year olds to play a 3DS and know about the possible scratch?

I wasn't abusing my 3DS in anyway. All I did was put it in my pocket -like I thought a portable console should be able to handle- and it just developed scratches.

Nintendo tsk tsk tsk. First time ever I'm actually disappointed in a design of Nintendo's.

Yamauchi wouldn't let this happen!

Back to top Go down
Kaynil

Kaynil

IMPORTANT:  Marks on the top screen of your 3DS Pbucket

Decir 'perfecto' es mentir y decir 'mañana' es predecir...

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Marks on the top screen of your 3DS   IMPORTANT:  Marks on the top screen of your 3DS EmptySat 04 Aug 2012, 12:38 am

Dumpy wrote:
First time ever I'm actually disappointed in a design of Nintendo's.
I agree with you, it was quite a surprise. I have been proud for years to brag about Nintendo's portables durability so I was not expecting something like this.  :-(

This 3DS seems so much like a hurried up prototype at times to me.

Back to top Go down
http://comunidadzelda.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Marks on the top screen of your 3DS   IMPORTANT:  Marks on the top screen of your 3DS Empty

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT: Marks on the top screen of your 3DS

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ROCZUZ ::  :: Different Topics :: Entertainment(TV/Music/PC/etc) :: Video Games-