HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chicken, Chili and Cheese Enchiladas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ozstylo

ozstylo

Chicken, Chili and Cheese Enchiladas New3_m11

Chicken, Chili and Cheese Enchiladas Empty
PostSubject: Chicken, Chili and Cheese Enchiladas   Chicken, Chili and Cheese Enchiladas EmptyThu 21 Nov 2013, 4:34 am

Chicken, Chili and Cheese Enchiladas Enchiladas-ay-1892127-l

Ingredients

1 tablespoon vegetable oil $
1 yellow onion, finely chopped $
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeño chili, seeded and minced
4 cups cooked, shredded skinless chicken (from one 1 1/2-lb. rotisserie chicken) $
2 cups coarsely shredded sharp Cheddar $
1 16-oz. jar salsa verde
1 4-oz. can diced mild green chilies, drained
1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth $
16 5 1/2-inch corn tortillas
1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro

Preparation

Preheat oven to 375°F. Mist a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Warm oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened but not browned, 5 minutes. Add garlic and jalapeño and cook 2 minutes longer, stirring often. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
In a large bowl, combine onion mixture, chicken, 1 cup cheese, 1/2 cup salsa and mild green chilies. Stir until well combined.
Pour broth into skillet and heat until almost simmering. Working one at a time, dip a corn tortilla into broth, taking care to work quickly so tortilla doesn't become too soft, then transfer to a clean workspace. Spoon about 2 Tbsp. of chicken mixture down center of tortilla. Roll tortilla around filling like a cigar, and transfer, seam side down, to prepared dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling. Pour remaining salsa over top of enchiladas, spreading to coat. Sprinkle remaining

Back to top Go down
http://www.englandleather.co.uk
Kaynil

Kaynil

Chicken, Chili and Cheese Enchiladas Pbucket

Decir 'perfecto' es mentir y decir 'mañana' es predecir...

Chicken, Chili and Cheese Enchiladas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicken, Chili and Cheese Enchiladas   Chicken, Chili and Cheese Enchiladas EmptyWed 27 Nov 2013, 4:37 am

Wow. I learned something new today. I had not idea these ones existed.
Looks tasty. I would be happy to give them a go.

Cooking Onion and Japaleño bring me memories of watery, irritated eye balls. Make sure you cook keeping some distance, I recommend using the back slots of your stove.

Thank you very much for sharing this recipe.

Back to top Go down
http://comunidadzelda.com

Chicken, Chili and Cheese Enchiladas

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1