HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First song you think when you heard X band name.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kaynil

Kaynil

First song you think when you heard X band name. Pbucket

Decir 'perfecto' es mentir y decir 'mañana' es predecir...

First song you think when you heard X band name. Empty
PostSubject: First song you think when you heard X band name.   First song you think when you heard X band name. EmptyMon 27 Sep 2010, 7:12 am

I was discussing with some friends how you get to hear usually people making covers or usually playing in their stereos certain songs when a band is requested.

For example:
  • Eagles usually leads to "Hotel california"
  • Oasis is known by "Wonderwall"
  • John Lennon by "Imagine"
... they are not bad songs, but it can get annoying.

Anyway what songs you know to relate with a band?

and do you think this is good or bad?

Back to top Go down
http://comunidadzelda.com
tunescool

tunescool

First song you think when you heard X band name. New3_m11

PostSubject: Re: First song you think when you heard X band name.   First song you think when you heard X band name. EmptyMon 27 Sep 2010, 8:58 am

rock and roll all nite - Kiss i love kiss but this tune gets old for me alot, but i do love it

the joker - Steve Miller Band always fun

love shack - B 52s who does not love this tune, i mean, come on

Back to top Go down
http://thenotablenook.com
Garrus

Garrus

PostSubject: Re: First song you think when you heard X band name.   First song you think when you heard X band name. EmptyTue 09 Aug 2011, 5:59 am

Like a Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan: I never get tired of this song.

Green Day - American Idiot: Although Green Day used to be known for Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) or Basket Case, American Idiot seems to be today's Green Day cliche and I do get tired of it, but I like it anyway.

Coldplay - Yellow: I love Coldplay, this a beautiful song, but I wouldn't listen to it over and over.

Back to top Go down
Gianni

Gianni

PostSubject: Re: First song you think when you heard X band name.   First song you think when you heard X band name. EmptyTue 31 Jan 2012, 9:19 pm

Owl City - Fireflies
Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart
The Beatles - Actually quite a few, but mainly Hey Jude and for whatever reason - Yellow Submarine.

I don't think this is very good to think of a band and only know them by one song. I love the Beatles and they have over two hundred wonderful songs. Owl City isn't so popular, but I love him too.
Although it would be awkward if someone requested a Beatles song and something like "It's Only Love" was played.

Back to top Go down
Kaynil

Kaynil

First song you think when you heard X band name. Pbucket

Decir 'perfecto' es mentir y decir 'mañana' es predecir...

PostSubject: Re: First song you think when you heard X band name.   First song you think when you heard X band name. EmptyThu 02 Feb 2012, 6:47 am

I always think of "Self esteem" when I think of "offspring" even though it seems like other songs like "why don't you get a job" are the ones most people know them for.

Oh, and with Audioslave I think of Like a Stone.
Seether is "Fine again". Coldplay is "clocks".

And Hoobastank is... surprisingly is not "Because of you" but "Running away", which is the first song from them that I heard and hooked me.

I agree, Gianni. I think it is nice to get immersed into what a group has to offer, after all if we already liked one, there may be more gems within. BoB Dylan, The Eagles, Off Spring, Green Day, Cold Play, Linkin Park, etc.

However, I don't mind the fact that there will be a first song that will come to our heads upon hearing a name. It doesn't mean it is all we know them from, simply the association we make.

Exceptions in my case:
Rebecca Black (Friday!) and Justin Bieber (Baby, baby, Oh!) are two people that I only know one song and I don't feel compelled to search more or have been exposed to other themes.

I keep coming with more names and songs, but I'll stop here for now. :]

Back to top Go down
http://comunidadzelda.com
Ashera

Ashera

PostSubject: Re: First song you think when you heard X band name.   First song you think when you heard X band name. EmptySat 17 Mar 2012, 9:42 am

Titanic, its one of the first ever songs I listened to and I really loved it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First song you think when you heard X band name.   First song you think when you heard X band name. Empty

Back to top Go down

First song you think when you heard X band name.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1