HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

so...uh...help?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chupa<3

Chupa<3

so...uh...help? New3_m11

so...uh...help? Empty
PostSubject: so...uh...help?   so...uh...help? EmptySat 08 May 2010, 5:34 pm

I know basic Spanish, but would like to get a bit more advanced in it. Any ideas how?

Back to top Go down
Ayumi

Ayumi

so...uh...help? New2_m10

Topic and replies winner of the Zelda Theme

so...uh...help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: so...uh...help?   so...uh...help? EmptySat 08 May 2010, 9:23 pm

i'd say probably either enroll in a spanish class..or check out materials from the library or buy software that teaches you spanish.

Back to top Go down
Kaynil

Kaynil

so...uh...help? Pbucket

Decir 'perfecto' es mentir y decir 'mañana' es predecir...

so...uh...help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: so...uh...help?   so...uh...help? EmptySun 09 May 2010, 1:14 pm

Hmm, from my own experience:

The first thing I'd suggest you is to acquire an English-Spanish kind of dictionary. I rather pocket size, but it is up to you.

The second thing is to make sure to make an habit of searching every little word you come across in a text you don't know or don't remember what it means. I've felt dumb so many times knowing I am a supposed to know X word meaning but not being able to remembering it, then when I located it in my dictionary I would feel idiotic, but with each of them I reached a point where they would stick strong afterwards at some point.

If you like music, you can try to search to some artist in Spanish that sings the genre you like, or just some classic ballads songs in Spanish, to get your ear used to it and better at recognising words, then try to get by yourself the lyrics. Leave the blank spaces if you give up figuring what word was in X part or if you feel you might not know that word. Only after you spent already a good amount of time listening to the song and trying to figure it out, seek for the lyrics online and compare.

I used to do this a lot when I was learning English and it helped me a lot, as I was feeling I was progressing.

Another thing that helped me was video games, I've noticed some DS games change their language (ie Phantom Hourglass) if you have your system configuration in Spanish. You could try playing a game in Spanish, if that sounds too hard, you could do it only after you already passed it in English. Well video games worked for me because I like them, so likewise, keep on seeking places or things you enjoy doing in Spanish. The more common Spanish gets in your life with things you enjoy the easier will be to progress with it before you even notice.

I also like forums, and I joined my first boards in English from a Zelda community. Perhaps at some point joining a Spanish community of something you enjoy talking about can be of help too. Use the dictionary and don't be afraid to fail, most people are kind when you make clear it is not your first language and willing to help.

These are my suggestions, I hope they can be of some help. :D

Back to top Go down
http://comunidadzelda.com
Chupa<3

Chupa<3

so...uh...help? New3_m11

so...uh...help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: so...uh...help?   so...uh...help? EmptySun 09 May 2010, 1:39 pm

Thank you both, I never would have thought to do those things... :yummy:

Back to top Go down
Ayumi

Ayumi

so...uh...help? New2_m10

Topic and replies winner of the Zelda Theme

so...uh...help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: so...uh...help?   so...uh...help? EmptySun 09 May 2010, 5:52 pm

You are welcome ^_____^

Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel

Spike Spiegel

so...uh...help? New3_m11

I am the night, I am the vengance... I am Batman

so...uh...help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: so...uh...help?   so...uh...help? EmptyWed 29 Aug 2012, 9:34 am

y como es que ese tal chupa<3 no sabe español?
su nombre y su avatar me hacen pensar todo lo contrario, es mas, yo creo que es un alburero troll!

Back to top Go down
Ashera

Ashera

so...uh...help? New3_m11

so...uh...help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: so...uh...help?   so...uh...help? EmptyFri 16 Nov 2012, 1:47 pm

From mine hand or side, ya could try conversing along with others too or in fact or by the way eh?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

so...uh...help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: so...uh...help?   so...uh...help? Empty

Back to top Go down

so...uh...help?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ROCZUZ ::  :: Different Topics :: Practice your Spanish-