HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your First contact with the Pokemon Franchise

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kaynil

Kaynil

Your First contact with the Pokemon Franchise Pbucket

Decir 'perfecto' es mentir y decir 'mañana' es predecir...

Your First contact with the Pokemon Franchise Empty
PostSubject: Your First contact with the Pokemon Franchise   Your First contact with the Pokemon Franchise EmptyFri 27 Aug 2010, 8:38 am

What did you get to know first about pokémon? Was it the trading cards? The anime? The videogame? Some other toy?

Was that first impression good enough to make become a fan? Give us details about what is what make you like it or dislike it in that first approach. Maybe you had a different perception of it back then...

If you had a negative first encounter, what was what made you change your mind?

Back to top Go down
http://comunidadzelda.com
Ayumi

Ayumi

Your First contact with the Pokemon Franchise New2_m10

Topic and replies winner of the Zelda Theme

PostSubject: Re: Your First contact with the Pokemon Franchise   Your First contact with the Pokemon Franchise EmptyFri 10 Sep 2010, 12:25 am

First it was the t.v series..and then when pokemon cards came over from Japan..it exploded. I remember at one time that pokemon cards were banned in school. Though every little kid traded for them..and I did too..I love pokemon and still do.

Though I do remember when pokemon yellow came out..and the gameboy color..wow, I'm older than I thought lol. I can't be 21 lol And everyone wanted pokemon yellow...because we all loved pikachu =)

Though I do regret trading my game, Marvel vs Capcom for a Persian card..>.> Now, that was stupid lol

Back to top Go down
SeraphTearZ

SeraphTearZ

Your First contact with the Pokemon Franchise New3_m11

PostSubject: Re: Your First contact with the Pokemon Franchise   Your First contact with the Pokemon Franchise EmptySun 12 Sep 2010, 12:52 am

Hmmm first contact with pokemon...Honestly, it has been sooooo long I don't really recall anymore. >>;; The furthest back I can remember fist liking pokemon, was when I got my first hand-held game. That was a a line green gameboy color, and along with it. I got a pokemon Red version. And that is pretty much what started it all for me. XD

Speaking of Pokemon cards, I used to collect them too in my Elementary School years. And in my school cards of any kind were banned. Though of course being young sneaky kiddies, we were ninja at sneaking them around the school.

Back to top Go down
Kaynil

Kaynil

Your First contact with the Pokemon Franchise Pbucket

Decir 'perfecto' es mentir y decir 'mañana' es predecir...

PostSubject: Re: Your First contact with the Pokemon Franchise   Your First contact with the Pokemon Franchise EmptySun 12 Sep 2010, 1:28 am

The first time I heard about pokemon was n advertisement about the cartoon. I was into watching cartoons and anime was starting to spread so i was very curious of it. I watched the first season while ignoring about the franchise.

After I am out of Zelda Universe and through other games, I realise that the games came before the anime and not the other way around, furthermore the franchise has several years and the games are highly recommended. Back then I didn't like pokemon stadium.

When that was no longer new to me, I somehow managed to get Pokemon Yellow, I'd already played some silver and crystal that cressel lent me, but yellow was the first one I ever 'owned" so it became very special to me.
The franchise had a second air to me after that, as I started to enijoy the stadium game, seeing my Pikachu 3D and having it saying "pikachu" instead the weird sound, having your own pokemons, with the moves you taught them and the bond from the portable game errands makes you feel very satisfied as you go on against Gym in the stadium games. As well as recognize some of them in the minigames.

The anime also took a second breath. " I know that guy" was something i mentioned often, to see the 'cities' in the anime and even be expecting to see Ash daring certain Gym leader is pretty cool. It just changed the way I saw the series a lot, in a good way.

Back to top Go down
http://comunidadzelda.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your First contact with the Pokemon Franchise   Your First contact with the Pokemon Franchise Empty

Back to top Go down

Your First contact with the Pokemon Franchise

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1