HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mexican Foods

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ashera

Ashera

Mexican Foods New3_m11

Mexican Foods Empty
PostSubject: Mexican Foods   Mexican Foods EmptyFri 30 Mar 2012, 7:54 am

So yeah, as the owner's Mexican, I'd like to discuss them. Who loooves them? I do. I love Tacos, nachos, chilis con carne and etc. What about you?

Back to top Go down
Kaynil

Kaynil

Mexican Foods Pbucket

Decir 'perfecto' es mentir y decir 'maƱana' es predecir...

Mexican Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mexican Foods   Mexican Foods EmptySun 15 Apr 2012, 4:49 pm

Tacos are always yummy to me. Funny enough I prefer soft tacos better than the over crunchy ones, but above all I want my tacos to be made of fried corn Tortilla and not that Taco Bell uses. Those hard shells break too easy in the first bite and has way less flavour.

I am right now not craving for the classic chicken or beef healthy looking ones, I am craving for these others:Mexican Foods Dsc7782yg
You buy these usually in small locals, you can add lemon, a mix of finely cut onion and coriander, and of course from a small variety of salsas. That with a cold coca-cola (I miss the glass bottles. They rule over plastic and tins).

I admit commercial 'for tacos' type of tortilla, hard as the ones found in a bag of chips, are a good choice for people looking to avoid unnecessary grease but... If I was to use that kind of tortilla, I'd eat the content in a 'tostada' instead. I think it works better.

Mexican Foods 1104quickchickentostada
Tostada are fried tortillas disks with stuff at the top, you may have beans or tuna, avocado, tomato, lettuce or cabagge, etc.. They still break easily but I think are yummy and easier to eat. the idea with the tostada is that they are easy to prepare so you typically use fresh ingredients. You can use sour cream or something not too runny for the topping.

I love Mexican rice, I forgot who didn't like it but I don't care the tomatoes and chicken stock gives it a nice flavour to me and I love to have that with my tacos. This is the texture:
Mexican Foods Mexicanrice
Not watery, no sticky, each grain is separated and impregnated with the garlic, onion, tomato sauce and condiments. It is not overflowing you with flavour so it still is a good side dish, yet it has enough flavour of its own that you can easily urn it into a main dish adding something else like thinly cut meat (kids love to add banana slices instead LOL! ).

Of course I miss many other dishes like the enchiladas, nachos, chile colorado (pork + potatoes and chili), chilaquiles (lazy enchiladas), capirotada... but funny enough in Aussie I am missing the 'veggie stew' or well, the veggie water like Dumpy has mocked it before, why, because at home didn't have that blended onion, pumpkin, etc with sour cream that English speaking people associate with the word soup. Instead for our dish we have chunks corn, beef or chicken, potatoes, carrots, cabbage, etc boiling in water for hours until they are cooked, of course, they are not all added in one go, but depending how much they take to cook, as the idea is taht they finish around the same time, in itself the dish takes one to three hours depending amount and if you have a pressure cooker. The dish is usually accompanied with a small bowl of rice and lemon.

Mexican Foods Caldo-de-Res-by-Computopia-Flickr
May not look as yummy but in a very cold day, I found myself looking forward to it. Yes you can have tortillas with it too. Some people use the tortilla to absorb the liquid. It taste good, but it takes skill to make a great 'caldo', if you overcook them the stuff will break easily and will not look good, but if you do it right the vegetables look fresh and colourful and inviting.

Last edited by Kaynil on Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://comunidadzelda.com
Ashera

Ashera

Mexican Foods New3_m11

Mexican Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mexican Foods   Mexican Foods EmptySun 15 Apr 2012, 5:25 pm

Miam, these look most excellent and so mouth-watering or outta this world.

Back to top Go down
robertson123

robertson123

Mexican Foods New3_m11

Welcome nice to meet you

Mexican Foods Empty
PostSubject: Mexican food    Mexican Foods EmptySun 18 Nov 2012, 4:50 pm

Yes i love mexican food chiili beef buritos in a wrap and chicken enchiladas in a wrap both with cheese sprinkled on the top and put in the microwave to heat up or under the grill to make it extra chrispy mmmmmmm :-D

Back to top Go down
http://www.handheldgaming.org/
Daisy

Daisy

Mexican Foods New3_m11

The pie is a lie.

Mexican Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mexican Foods   Mexican Foods EmptyMon 19 Nov 2012, 4:31 am

I think it's about time I tried a taco, I haven't ever tasted one before. The only Mexican food I can think of is perhaps nachos with cheese and salsa. Makes my mouth water.

Back to top Go down
http://www.Animuu.tk
Ashera

Ashera

Mexican Foods New3_m11

Mexican Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mexican Foods   Mexican Foods EmptyMon 19 Nov 2012, 9:01 am

Daisy wrote:
I think it's about time I tried a taco, I haven't ever tasted one before. The only Mexican food I can think of is perhaps nachos with cheese and salsa. Makes my mouth water.
Oh wow, ya never did eh? surprised? How sad Daisydear!

Back to top Go down
robertson123

robertson123

Mexican Foods New3_m11

Welcome nice to meet you

Mexican Foods Empty
PostSubject: Tasty Mexican Food   Mexican Foods EmptyMon 19 Nov 2012, 3:43 pm

Hi Daisy so you havent had Mexican food hey you deffinitly need to try it i didnt before i was always put off because i thought it was to spicy as i hate food that is to hot full of strong spice some of the food is and some of the food is just mildly spiced thats the way i like it but not to HOT! *waves*

Back to top Go down
http://www.handheldgaming.org/
Ashera

Ashera

Mexican Foods New3_m11

Mexican Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mexican Foods   Mexican Foods EmptyMon 10 Dec 2012, 9:04 am

robertson123 wrote:
Hi Daisy so you havent had Mexican food hey you deffinitly need to try it i didnt before i was always put off because i thought it was to spicy as i hate food that is to hot full of strong spice some of the food is and some of the food is just mildly spiced thats the way i like it but not to HOT! *waves*
Oh mon dieu or oh my god, yes please do in fact!

Back to top Go down
Ashera

Ashera

Mexican Foods New3_m11

Mexican Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mexican Foods   Mexican Foods EmptyFri 14 Dec 2012, 7:33 am

Any updates onto it?

Back to top Go down
tunescool

tunescool

Mexican Foods New3_m11

Mexican Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mexican Foods   Mexican Foods EmptyFri 04 Oct 2013, 10:48 am

i like mexican food, meat, sour cream, onions

Back to top Go down
http://thenotablenook.com
Ashera

Ashera

Mexican Foods New3_m11

Mexican Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mexican Foods   Mexican Foods EmptyMon 07 Oct 2013, 9:21 pm

Omgs, I love Mexican foods : beans & rice, tacos/cheese & salsa. What else is good, Kay?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mexican Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mexican Foods   Mexican Foods Empty

Back to top Go down

Mexican Foods

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1