HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Multiple Accounts on your Forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Dream

Multiple Accounts on your Forum New3_m11

Multiple Accounts on your Forum Empty
PostSubject: Multiple Accounts on your Forum   Multiple Accounts on your Forum EmptyMon 27 Sep 2010, 11:54 pm

Some people make a second account on their forum to make it look like they're active. They post with the two different accounts, a different opinion on each. I think whoever came up with this was smart, but didn't look at the bad points. What if someone befriended the second account, and then found out it was you? They'd lose all trust in the forums and you.

Back to top Go down
Elmenor

Elmenor

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Accounts on your Forum   Multiple Accounts on your Forum EmptyTue 28 Sep 2010, 12:01 am

but what if you have two personalities and both want to have their own account LOL

but for real that doesn't seem smart you would have to keep track of what you said to who. Like if you told someone something that you don't truly believe and then later you contradict yourself...

Back to top Go down
Kaynil

Kaynil

Multiple Accounts on your Forum Pbucket

Decir 'perfecto' es mentir y decir 'maƱana' es predecir...

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Accounts on your Forum   Multiple Accounts on your Forum EmptyTue 28 Sep 2010, 3:47 am

So far, the only purpose I've had to create other account has been for test purposes, since we got hidden areas, so I can see myself if for example, permissions are working properly. But I never post in it. In fact a few days ago we went through a prune and I completely forgot to exclude this account so now it is gone as well. xD

It could be a smart move if you are the admin and even after already making many threads, no one else replies, you can use that second account to spark some activity while advertising... though to be honest, I think a exchange or package works great for that. Even if it is a 'cheat' in the sense the posting is for a contract, the post done meanwhile are genuine and in that way, you avoid the conflicts of other members trying to befriend them as it will fall in them to answer back or not.

Back to top Go down
http://comunidadzelda.com
The Dream

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Accounts on your Forum   Multiple Accounts on your Forum EmptySun 17 Oct 2010, 11:25 pm

Yeah, I make some to test, but never post.

Back to top Go down
Rem Nightfall

Rem Nightfall

The Wind... It's blowing...

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Accounts on your Forum   Multiple Accounts on your Forum EmptyMon 18 Oct 2010, 2:10 pm

Nope, I have 2 second accounts on my forum, one was a tester, and one was to test privileges, although I never ever use them to post with.

Back to top Go down
http://nintendopolis.org/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Accounts on your Forum   Multiple Accounts on your Forum Empty

Back to top Go down

Multiple Accounts on your Forum

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1