HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
brutus

brutus

Avatar: The Legend of Korra New3_m11

Avatar: The Legend of Korra Empty
PostSubject: Avatar: The Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Legend of Korra EmptySun 03 Jun 2012, 7:26 am

So what do you think of this exciting new series, and which side are you on.... Benders or Equalists? :-B

Back to top Go down
http://forums.mysticwish.net
Kaynil

Kaynil

Avatar: The Legend of Korra Pbucket

Decir 'perfecto' es mentir y decir 'mañana' es predecir...

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Legend of Korra EmptyMon 04 Jun 2012, 6:41 pm

I haven't got the chance to see the episodes yet. I really wish I could.
But from what I know equalists are the ones against any type of bending...are they so againstto the point of exterminate whoever got the skills?

Back to top Go down
http://comunidadzelda.com
Ashera

Ashera

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Legend of Korra EmptyTue 05 Jun 2012, 7:46 am

I haven't gotten around to watch it yet myself... XDD but I've heard good reviews about it.

Back to top Go down
Ayumi

Ayumi

Avatar: The Legend of Korra New2_m10

Topic and replies winner of the Zelda Theme

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Legend of Korra EmptyTue 05 Jun 2012, 10:24 pm

Kaynil wrote:
I haven't got the chance to see the episodes yet. I really wish I could.
But from what I know equalists are the ones against any type of bending...are they so againstto the point of exterminate whoever got the skills?

They are.

Anyhow, it started off okay until it got into a much darker tone which I love. I'm behind a few episodes sadly. I still wouldn't say it's better than the original series...

Back to top Go down
Kaynil

Kaynil

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Legend of Korra EmptyWed 06 Jun 2012, 9:53 pm

Thank you, Ayumi. Well... that's a bit drastic. LOL! Which one are you with, Brutus?
It sounds like equalist are jealous, but perhaps benders abuse their power too much and too often?
Maybe non benders are seen as less and easy to become victims...

I read something about Chi Blockers that attack in the same way TyLee did in the legend of Aang. I also like the idea of the darker tone, since the fans from the first one grew with it and we know it did take a serious turn too by the last third, perhaps earlier.

It looks pretty cool from what I have seen, which is not episodes, just some random clips, I like Korra is the opposite personality to Aang and the environment is of a nation that has been in peace for a good while now.

Back to top Go down
Ashera

Ashera

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Legend of Korra EmptySun 10 Jun 2012, 9:48 am

So, is it not Avatar the Last Airbender? Aang's the main character in there no? XDD

Back to top Go down
brutus

brutus

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Legend of Korra EmptySun 10 Jun 2012, 10:32 am

I used to be Equalist, but now i have a new favorite:

Avatar: The Legend of Korra K0cjW

Back to top Go down
Ayumi

Ayumi

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Legend of Korra EmptySun 10 Jun 2012, 9:02 pm

brutus wrote:
I used to be Equalist, but now i have a new favorite:

Avatar: The Legend of Korra K0cjW

I personally think he's a whatever..but that's just me. I'm surprised he would be your favorite. Care to explain why? I'm curious now.

Back to top Go down
Kaynil

Kaynil

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Legend of Korra EmptyMon 11 Jun 2012, 1:00 am

Ashera wrote:
So, is it not Avatar the Last Airbender? Aang's the main character in there no? XDD
No, this is a new series. It is a different era but the same world and stuff from the first one. ^_^
Looking pretty good so far.

ADDED 11/Jun/12:
What episode is where that new character is introduced?

I just saw episode one online. I can see why Bender are hated, many do abuse they power taking it for granted.

Back to top Go down
brutus

brutus

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Legend of Korra EmptyMon 11 Jun 2012, 8:41 am

Ayumi wrote:
I personally think he's a whatever..but that's just me. I'm surprised he would be your favorite. Care to explain why? I'm curious now.

Because he's the only morally consistent person in the entire series (help!)

Back to top Go down
Kaynil

Kaynil

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Legend of Korra EmptyMon 11 Jun 2012, 6:29 pm

I am just seen him in a like two episodes now, but that tarrlok sure is persuasive.
I stilll don't trust him. (Excited!)
I am anxious to cme back from work just to see the next episodes.
What number is the latest?

And yes, I see eualist just take away abilities, and I liked amon chosed for the show delinquents.

Back to top Go down
Ashera

Ashera

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Legend of Korra EmptyTue 12 Jun 2012, 7:49 am

Oh ok.... I got it now... I'm quite curious about it now.

Back to top Go down
Kaynil

Kaynil

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Legend of Korra EmptyWed 13 Jun 2012, 3:27 am

Me too. I wonder how far behind is the place I am using to watch them from the aired series.
I believe Nick lets you watch them online, but my region was blocked. :(

Back to top Go down
brutus

brutus

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Legend of Korra EmptyWed 13 Jun 2012, 6:15 am

Avatar: The Legend of Korra Filestube-570x446

Back to top Go down
Ashera

Ashera

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Legend of Korra EmptyThu 14 Jun 2012, 9:39 am

Kaynil wrote:
Me too. I wonder how far behind is the place I am using to watch them from the aired series.
I believe Nick lets you watch them online, but my region was blocked. :(
Which is which place? XDDD

Back to top Go down
Ayumi

Ayumi

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Legend of Korra EmptyThu 14 Jun 2012, 8:27 pm

brutus wrote:
Ayumi wrote:

Because he's the only morally consistent person in the entire series (help!)

Ah that makes sense.

Back to top Go down
Kaynil

Kaynil

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Legend of Korra EmptyTue 17 Jul 2012, 7:54 am

Tarlok gave quite a turn, hahah.

What did you guys think of the end?
(Use of spoiler tags encouraged) I sure have pent up rants on it, hahah.

Back to top Go down
Ashera

Ashera

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Legend of Korra EmptySat 21 Jul 2012, 10:08 am

Anyway, I've watched a few of them, & it left me a raw kinda impression, or it conveyed me a real weird impression of some kind.

Back to top Go down
Kaynil

Kaynil

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Legend of Korra EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 9:26 am

Is that a good or bad thing? LOL!

Back to top Go down
Ashera

Ashera

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Legend of Korra EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 11:45 am

Kaynil wrote:
Is that a good or bad thing? LOL!
Bad news for me, at least.. XDDD

Back to top Go down
Ayumi

Ayumi

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Legend of Korra EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 4:31 pm

The only thing that annoyed me was that Amon wasn't the villain for awhile. He was only for one season and I got sad because of that. They should of stretched it out a bit like they did with Ozai in the original Avatar. Also Korra getting her powers back so soon? Seemed a bit fishy for me.

Again, it did feel a bit rushed but nevertheless, I enjoyed it.

Back to top Go down
Kaynil

Kaynil

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Legend of Korra EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 9:51 pm

Dang.

Well, at least it is a quite short series, it seems. Unless there is a season 2 coming out (I doubt it, but I could be wrong).

Back to top Go down
Ashera

Ashera

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Legend of Korra EmptyThu 26 Jul 2012, 10:33 am

Kaynil wrote:
Dang.

Well, at least it is a quite short series, it seems. Unless there is a season 2 coming out (I doubt it, but I could be wrong).
Oh really? 4 serious?

Back to top Go down
Garrus

Garrus

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Legend of Korra EmptyFri 27 Jul 2012, 7:21 pm

I'm only just getting into anime now. I haven't even a clue on what this one is about.

Back to top Go down
Kaynil

Kaynil

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Legend of Korra EmptyFri 03 Aug 2012, 11:14 pm

It felt rushed for me as well. Not lame but rushed. It was building up so slowly, you'd think they would toy more with the menace of a world without a proper avatar seemed to pose. I would have liked Korra to struggle to find Aang for the cure or even try something different.

However, even as unlikely I guess it could still be room for more, if Amon survived, even if it seemed like he didn't notice what was to happen, it won't surprise me if they pull up the card of recounting those last instants in order to make a second season.

Ashera wrote:
Kaynil wrote:
Oh really? 4 serious?
Yeah.
The first one needed four seasons, so it felt very abrupt. I guess they weren't really planning to make something bigger and it was just a some sort of sequel that in a way helped us understand what happened with many of the characters we liked in the first series.

Dumpy wrote:
I'm only just getting into anime now. I haven't even a clue on what this one is about.
Oh, I can -- and will -- help with that. 8D

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Legend of Korra Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next